Gammaflux L.P., the world’s leading supplier of hot runner temperature control systems, launched an all-new product line at NPE 2012 – the G24 Temperature Controller.
The G24 is Gammaflux’s next generation control system that combines the best attributes of the existing LEC and TTC hot runner temperature controls (such as Triangulated Control Technology® for sensing, controlling and actuating) with additional new features that provide the following key benefits:
- Easier to Use – the G24 is designed to be understood with 5 minutes or less of training and programmable to automatically operate according to the industry’s best practices.
- Less Expensive – by leveraging the global electronics supply chain with new and fewer components, Gammaflux has succeeded in developing its most affordable controller yet that continues to provide the superior performance Gammaflux products are known for.
- Smaller – each control module has a 15 amp per zone rating, and up to 24 zones can be placed in a single control block. When compared to the Gammaflux TTC product line, a 128-zone G24 controller has a 48% smaller footprint, which saves processors valuable floor space in their plant.
- Faster – the G24 utilizes industrial USB connectivity for a 0.1 second screen update rate. Streaming real-time control numbers to the screen allows users to better see what is happening so they can more easily diagnose problems.
- More Flexible/Standardization – the standard two-zone 15 amp per zone output module easily controls both hot runner tip and manifold zones, making it easy to use across a range of molds. Gammaflux controllers work effortlessly with any brand of hot runner system; standardizing with Gammaflux allows users to pick the best hot runner supplier for their specific applications.
- Improved Interlocks – today’s injection molds are far more sophisticated and sensitive than the tools of the past. Machine interlocks ensure that bad parts are not produced and catastrophic damage is avoided. The G24 makes interlocking easier than ever with on-screen interlock signal inversion and manual testing signals to speed setup.
- Mold Doctor® - the Gammaflux time-tested and proven way to automate mold troubleshooting is included with the G24 control system. Elusive problems that appear suddenly and without changes to the process can be diagnosed with quantitative thermodynamic zone performance.
- Early Material/Plastic Leak Detection – the third generation Gammaflux watt/leak alarm on the G24 alerts the user when a leak first occurs. Precise measurement of wattage can be the difference between a short trip to the tool room or weeks of lost production.
- Five Year Warranty – every G24 controller comes with a full 5-year warranty and is backed by the industry-leading worldwide service and support that customers expect from Gammaflux. The touch screen interface has a 2-year warranty.
While most Gammaflux temperature controllers are used on hot runner injection molding applications, they are also increasingly being used for controlling thermoset, liquid injection molding (LIM), reaction injection molding (RIM), blow molding, thermoforming, and extrusion (profile and sheet) applications.
“Each of these processes requires reliable temperature control,” said Mike Brostedt, Gammaflux Director of Market Development. “If the temperature controller fails, the process either stops or is crippled. When selecting a temperature control supplier, processors are selecting a partner who is critical to their product quality and profitability.”
The new G24 is the most flexible temperature controller Gammaflux has ever produced, and is designed for ease of use across all of these platforms.
Based in Sterling, Va. U.S.A., Gammaflux L.P. is a leading supplier of temperature and sequential valve gate control systems to the plastics industry. Long known for innovation in control technology, Gammaflux developed the first products to anticipate temperature changes, sense wiring and heater problems, and react instantly to avoid serious mold damage. Combining digital capabilities with precision analog control, Gammaflux systems enable the user to achieve centralized command of molding systems and retrieve critical data for performance analysis. The company serves multiple plastics industry markets including automotive, medical, packaging, electronics, household products, and tool building.